Start a Business in Florida
When you’re ready to start a new business, you need to understand your state’s rules, procedures and requirements. Choose the Guide to Starting a Business in your state and get the process started.
When starting a new business, there are many important decisions to be made and many rules and procedures to be followed. While there is no single source for all filing requirements, the following state resources have been developed to assist you in starting your business.
Guide to Starting a Business
- Florida Department of State: Starting a Business
- Division of Corporations: Doing Business in Florida
Business Registration, Permits and Licenses
Tax Information & Forms
Help & Advice
- SBA Florida The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is an independent agency of the federal government that aids, counsels, assists and protects the interests of small businesses.
- Clearwater - Pinellas County SCORE SCORE, a non-profit association that has partnered with the SBA, is known as the "Counselors to America's Small Business," educates entrepreneurs on the formation, growth and success of small businesses nationwide.
- Eustis - Lake-Sumter SCORE
- Fort Myers Southwest Florida SCORE
- Fort Pierce - Treasure Coast SCORE
- Ft. Lauderdale - Ft. Lauderdale SCORE
- Gainesville - Gainesville SCORE
- Holly Hill - Volusia/Flagler Co SCORE
- Jacksonville - Jacksonville SCORE
- Lakeland - Central Florida SCORE
- Lecanto - Citrus County SCORE
- Melbourne - Space Coast SCORE
- Miami - Dade SCORE
- Naples Naples of Collier SCORE
- New Port Richey - Pasco-Hernando Co SCORE
- Orlando - Orlando SCORE
- Port Charlotte - Charlotte-Desoto County
- Sarasota - Manasota SCORE
- Tampa - Hillsborough SCORE
- West Palm Beach- Palm Beach SCORE
- Florida Small Business Resources