Start a Business in New Hampshire
When you’re ready to start a new business, you need to understand your state’s rules, procedures and requirements. Choose the Guide to Starting a Business in your state and get the process started.
When starting a new business, there are many important decisions to be made and many rules and procedures to be followed. While there is no single source for all filing requirements, the following state resources have been developed to assist you in starting your business.
Business Registration, Permits and Licenses
Tax Information & Forms
Help & Advice
- SBA New Hampshire The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is an independent agency of the federal government that aids, counsels, assists and protects the interests of small businesses.
- New Hampshire SBDC The Office of Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) provides management assistance to prospective and current small business owners. SBDC is a cooperative effort of the private sector, the educational community and federal, state and local governments.
- Center Conway - Mt. Washington Valley SCORE SCORE, a non-profit association that has partnered with the SBA, is known as the "Counselors to America's Small Business," educates entrepreneurs on the formation, growth and success of small businesses nationwide.
- Keene - Monadnock SCORE
- Lebanon - Upper Valley SCORE
- Portsmouth - Seacoast SCORE
- Manchester - Merrimack Valley SCORE
- New Hampshire’s Resource Center
- New Hampshire Secretary of State Office of Secretary of State is primarily responsible for processing and filing documents that are public records.
Choose your location
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia