Start a Business in New Jersey
When you’re ready to start a new business, you need to understand your state’s rules, procedures and requirements. Choose the Guide to Starting a Business in your state and get the process started.
When starting a new business, there are many important decisions to be made and many rules and procedures to be followed. While there is no single source for all filing requirements, the following state resources have been developed to assist you in starting your business.
Guide to Starting a Business
- Starting a Business in New Jersey Step by Step Wizard
- Checklist in Starting a Business in New Jersey
Business Registration, Permits and Licenses
Tax Information & Forms
Help & Advice
- SBA New Jersey The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is an independent agency of the federal government that aids, counsels, assists and protects the interests of small businesses.
- New Jersey SBDC The Office of Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) provides management assistance to prospective and current small business owners. SBDC is a cooperative effort of the private sector, the educational community and federal, state and local governments.
- Dover - North West SCORE
- Lincroft - Monmouth SCORE
- Monmouth Junction - Princeton SCORE
- Newark; - Metro New Jersey
- North Branch - Central Jersey SCORE
- Paramus - Bergen Cty SCORE
- Pennsauken - Southern New Jersey SCORE
- Pleasantville - Tri-County SCORE
- Toms River - Ocean County SCORE